This season, Tomorrow’s World Today is excited to welcome Darieth Chisolm as our newest field reporter. We played 20 Questions with Darieth so our viewers could get to know the newest addition to the team.
1. Tell us about your hometown.
I grew up in Detroit, Mi. We moved 15 times before I was 14 years old. Seems almost impossible right? Nope, true story. The strange thing is, nothing about that seemed estranged or different. My mother took exceptional care of me and my siblings. Back in those days, we had vibrant neighborhoods, the swim mobile on our city blocks was the highlight of summer and the fall would bring the bookmobile and a chance to pick out a favorite book. I miss “the D”, so much so…I’m heading back home. And this time, I hope it’s my final move.
2. Describe yourself in five words.
Resilient, courageous, warm, talented, easy-going.
3. What five words would your closest friends use to describe you?
They say I’m direct, fearless, a dreamer, supportive and loving.
4. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?
I love long road trips, with no music playing in the background; I do my best brainstorming then. I think about my son and how proud I am of him, try to solve the world’s problems and then I think, ”Nope, that’s too much to think about,” and I instead dream about ways to better serve my coaching clients.
5. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
An owl because owls are wise, majestic and calm.
6. What is the last gift you gave someone?
A trip to the spa. Pampering and relaxation were the perfect gifts for my hard-working best friend who is on a mission to inspire people to age gracefully.
7. What are your favorite TWT episodes from previous seasons?
TWT S2 E13: IoT Internet of Things and Healthcare
TWT S2 E9: World Wide Logistics
TWT S2 E5: Insurance and The Gig Environment
8. What inspires you?
Human ingenuity and people with grit and determination, vision and purpose.
9. You’ve been given an elephant, You can’t give it away. You can’t sell it. What do you do with it?
Treat it well and take care of it and wait for it to love me back.
10. What superpower would you like to have?
Healing the sick.
11. What superpower do you actually have?
Encouraging people to dream big and believe in themselves.
12. Last book you read?
Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead by Tosha Silver
13. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve had in the past three months and why?
My nephew and sister decided to hop airplanes and come to Florida to help me pack for my move back home to Michigan. I didn’t think I would get this in during my busy travel schedule filming Tomorrow’s World Today episodes. Their surprise visit was priceless and needed.
14. What advice would you give your 18-year old self?
This too shall pass and nothing lasts forever. Either treasure and embrace what’s happening now or forget about it.
15. What technology would five-year-old you be surprised we have?
Laptops and cell phones.
16. What technology would five-year-old you be surprised we don’t still have?
Typewriters and rotary phones
17. What’s your favorite travel destination?
Home, my bed. I live out of a suitcase and have traveled to lots of amazing places but there is no place like home and my bed.
18. Favorite podcast?
Just one? There are so many it would unfair to choose!
19. The best compliment you’ve received?
“You saved my life.” I’m forever grateful and humbled that I could.
20. Role model?